Lectures and master-classes|
for residents of San Francisco-Bay Area
Feel free to ask us to organize any lecture/master-class for a group of your friends who are interested in Russian tradition. Please contact us via e-mail, and we will discuss date, time, and place appropriate for your group.
If you don't have a group, you may sign in for any topic. We will make a lecture on a certain topic when a group of at least 4 people will be assembled. We will inform you about date, time, and place of a lecture.
The cost of a lecture/master-class is $25 per person. A class lasts up to 3 hours.
1. Traditional Man's Outift, Russia, the 17th-19th centuries, a lecture|
Cut a Russian shirt of an authentic design, a master-class
Lecture (up to 1.5 hours)
A Master-class (up to 2 hours)
A brief overview of a traditional Russian man's outfit, the 17th-19th centuries
- What items did a man's outfit consist of? Materials, designs, and history of each part.
An outfit of different age groups : a toddler, a boy, a teenager, a young adult, a married young man, a family head, a senior. Material and decoration of each type of a costume. Social meaning and spiritual explanation of colors, materials and decoration used in an outfit of different age groups.
A man's shirt. Evolution of its model and decoration. Regional specifics of design and decoration. Specific details mark wealth and nobility of a wearer.
For attending this master-class
you need >>>>>>
- Choose the model of a shirt appropriate to a participant (according to his age, wealth and (for people with Russian family heritage) family history).
- Take measures needed for the shirt.
- Make a pattern of the shirt of these measures.
- Cut your shirt together with us
- Tips and tricks of making Russian shirt