Lectures and master-classes|
for residents of San Francisco-Bay Area
Feel free to ask us to organize any lecture/master-class for a group of your friends who are interested in Russian tradition. Please contact us via e-mail, and we will discuss date, time, and place appropriate for your group.
If you don't have a group, you may sign in for any topic. We will make a lecture on a certain topic when a group of at least 4 people will be assembled. We will inform you about date, time, and place of a lecture.
The cost of a lecture/master-class is $25 per person. A class lasts up to 3 hours.
3. Traditional Children's (babies', toddlers', kids', teens') and Young Adults' Clothes of the 17-19 centuries, a lecture |
Cut a Russian shirt/dress of an authentic design for your son or daughter, a master-class
Lecture (up to 1.5 hours)
Master-class (up to 2 hours)
- A brief overview of a traditional Russian children's outfit, the 17th-19th centuries.
- 0-8 years old: a baby, a toddler, a kid. Description of a costume. Reasoning of specific details: practical, social, ritual.
- 7/8 - 14/15 years old: pre-teen and early teenager. Description of a costume. Reasoning of specific details: practical, social, ritual.
- 14/15 years old - till a marriage (or, till 25 years old): a groom-to-be/a bride-to-be. Description of a costume. Reasoning of specific details: practical, social, ritual.
For attending this master-class
you need >>>>>>
- Choose the model of an outfit appropriate for your child (according to her/his age, and (for people with Russian family heritage) family history).
- Take measures, make a pattern in accordance with your measures.
- Cut your project together with us
- Tips and tricks of making Russian outfit